Like family doctors, ND’s are primary care physicians who are trained to treat and prevent a wide range of conditions. Naturopathic medicine can provide an alternative to, or can compliment conventional medicine; eg by reducing the side-effects of medications, or by speeding up the recovery process after surgery . Some commonly treated conditions include (but are not limited to):
- Digestive health: e.g. constipation, diarrhea, cramping, gas & bloating, reflux, food sensitivities, ulcers, IBS, IBD, Celiac, etc.
- Hormonal imbalances: e.g. hypo/hyperthyroidism, diabetes mellitus, adrenal fatigue, menopause, male & female conditions, etc.
- Cardiovascular health: e.g. hypertension, high cholesterol, prevention of strokes and heart attacks, arrhythmia, etc
- Auto-immune conditions: e.g. Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn’s, Ulcerative Colitis), M.S., Rheumatoid Arthritis, autoimmune thyroiditis, lupus, etc.
- Acute and chronic pain and fatigue: fibromyalgia, myeloencephalitis (chronic fatigue syndrome), arthritis, headaches & migraines, neck- & back pain, injuries, etc.
- Respiratory health: colds and flu’s, sinusitis, asthma, COPD, allergies, etc.
- Urinary conditions: kidney disease, interstitial cystitis, bladder & urinary tract infections, prostatitis.