We provide a unique integrative approach
to the treatment of mood disorders and mental well-being. By “integrative” we mean that treatment modalities offered by all our practitioners are integrated into our treatment recommendations. The brain is a delicate, yet complicated organ, and imbalances require a treatment approach that honors this complexity.
Our goals are twofold:
1. To support your brains’ building blocks.
- The brains’ structure consists largely of fats, while it’s chemical messengers (e.g. hormones and neurotransmitters) can be build out of fats or amino acids, a complicated process requiring a variety of vitamins and trace-minerals (“co-factors”). Glucose provides brain fuel, but not all sugars are well received by this demanding organ, and some can even be neuro-toxins (i.e. inflammatory and causing blood sugar fluctuations. Deficiencies of any of these nutrients (either because they are lacking in your diet, or because you’re not digesting and absorbing them properly) can lead to symptoms such as depression, anxiety, ADD/ADHD, a foggy mind, poor memory, difficulty concentrating, etc. Our first goal is ensuring your brain is receiving enough of it’s building blocks.
- Brain inflammation is a common result of food sensitivities/ leaky gut, stress, exposure to toxins and unhealthy lifestyle habits, and needs to be addressed as well.
2. To change your brains “wiring” (neural pathways)
- Did you know that modalities like mindfulness and CBT can change the very “wiring” of your brain’s neural pathways? The latest neuro-scientific research not only shows these changes via fMRI and brain scan technologies, but also explains how these practices help in changing long term conditioned thought patterns, by developing and strengthening desired neural pathways, while weakening (and ultimately erasing) undesirable pathways. Want to know how? Sign up for our free video course “The Science of Mindfulness”, which will be released this summer!
- We offer 1-on-1 mindfulness & CBT sessions, Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) courses, Corporate Mindfulness courses and a free Mindfulness Based monthly support group.
- In addition to the above, Dr. Hinds offers a variety of psychological interventions, which you can read more about here.
Only when additional support is required, and the above measures are not sufficient, pharmacologic intervention by our psychiatrist might be recommended.